Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Network Administrator will be responsible to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers
- Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance
Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be a talented and motivated individual with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. A strong IT background with a keen interest in current IT trends and technology is a necessity. The successful candidate must possess a College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5+ years working within an IT department.
General Skills & Knowledge
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Specialized Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years as a IT Network Administrator or equivalent
- Extensive technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS and applications
- Working technical knowledge of Linux, Cisco IOS
- Working technical knowledge of DOCSIS, CATV, HFC
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Office environment
- No special physical demands required
- Occasional travel and work may be required
- On-call as needed or required
Qualified applicants can submit their resumes to: email@example.com